December 16th. Now we return from the other side of the river and the Jokioinen industrial spur back to Jokioinen station. It is again a cold winter day and there is a lot of snow on the ground. This picture, taken approximately between 1921-23, shows the extension of Jokioinen station made in 1912 with bare log walls. Usually log buildings were allowed to sink for a few years before they were upholstered with boards. However, it is probably more than 8 years since the construction of the extension, and the walls have still not been boarded.

Next to the station's fence are metal-rimmed oil barrels and the closest one has redable texts "LJUS OLJA" and "NOBEL STANDARD". The Nobel-Standard oil company was born in the summer of 1920, so the picture is probably taken earliest in winter 1921. The goods shed visible behind the station has not yet been expanded, so the picture was taken at the latest in the winter of 1923.

Next to the station side wall of the magazine, two empty milk jugs are waiting for their pick-up. The second track boundary sign, which indicates how close to the turnout the carriages can be left, points off the ground in the foreground. And next to the door of the station, there is a mailbox as well as signs or advertisements on the wall of the goods shead behind.

While there is no train or people at the station, all the signs are present that the place is actually full of action and the picture is just taken between the trains.

Wooden station building and goods shed in a snowy landscape. The track next to the station is empty, but the next track has a open goods wagon.
Jokioinen station in winter. There is no train visible at the station, but large quantities of goods indicate heavy traffic, Collection Museorautatieyhdistys ry, circa 1921-23.